Albertson's (ABS) Mission Statement
Guided by relentless focus on our five imperatives, we will constantly strive to implement the critical initiatives required to achieve our vision. In doing this, we will deliver operational excellence in every corner of the Company and meet or exceed our commitments to the many constituencies we serve. All of our long-term strategies and short-term actions will be molded by a set of core values that are shared by each and every associate.
Albertsons has jumped on the fast track…to become the supermarket and drug store powerhouse of the 21st century. We are a team of more than 200,000 high-energy associates who work in distribution centers, corporate and division offices and in over 2,300 stores across America.
And to achieve our vision of being the world’s number one food and drug retailer, we found it imperative to harness the energy and enthusiasm of our associates. In other words, we needed an action plan, a mission, to make sure we’re all pulling in the same direction.
Our mission is possible only with the right team on board. We hire associates based on how well they fit Albertsons core values. We select only top-notch vendors that share our values.
Albertsons is a unified team of energized associates obsessed with creating the world’s number one food and drug retailer in the areas of market value, scale, profitability, customer service and associate satisfaction.
Albertsons knows where it wants to go…to the top. Our vision begins with our associates. And quite literally, Albertsons is its associates…energized, motivated -- all working towards the same goal.
Some Might Call It an Obsession
Everything we do will point us in the direction of creating the world's number one food and drug retailer. Everything we do will point us in the direction of creating the world's number one food and drug retailer. Everything we do will point us in the direction of creating the world's number one food and drug retailer. (See, we told you it was an obsession…)
How will we know we’re number one? By outpacing the competition in five key areas:
- Market value
- Customer service
- Associate satisfaction
FIVE STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
Supporting a vision and mission this big in today’s tough retail market takes real financial and competitive muscle. The five strategic imperatives provide the power and discipline we need to transform Albertsons into the world’s number one food and drug retailer.
Trim the Fat
Imperative #1: Aggressive cost and process control
Invest in the Best
Imperative #2: Maximize return on invested capital
Imperative #3: Customer-focused approach to growth
Set the Curve
Imperative #4: Company-wide focus on technology
Imperative #5: Energized associates
Our core values define who we are as a company and are another key part of our mission. They are a permanent part of our culture. They are hard-wired into our DNA.
At Albertsons, our core values don’t tell us what to do. They tell us how. They help us remember what’s important.
With an unyielding commitment to integrity, quality & compliance we will:
1. Drive and passionately implement the spirit of customer first, second to none…every day…in all we do.
2. Embrace a strong commitment to community citizenship…sharing our time and our resources with those in need.
3. See change as an opportunity for growth and renewal…not as a threat.
4. Demonstrate a bias for action and speed to establish and sustain competitive advantage.
5. Foster a mindset of continuous improvement in every process, person and product…creating a culture that values the ideas of every associate…relentlessly searches out and transfers best practices…believing that there is an infinite capacity to improve everything we do.
6. Create an uplifting atmosphere for associates…by practicing positive leadership each day…understanding that an organization’s attitude always determines its altitude.
7. Build a strong commitment to diversity…constantly striving to build an associate population at every level that mirrors our customer base, while also developing formats and products that meet the diverse needs of our society.
8. Establish an uplifting environment of recognition and reward…both in the wallet and the heart.
9. Show a clear intolerance for bureaucracy…insisting on excellence in execution…and accountability for delivering results.
10. Partner with and reward vendors who assist us in creating compelling offers for consumers and maximizing returns for shareowners.
Compare this with Kroger's Mission Statement
Tags: Albertson's, Albertsons, ABS, Mission Statement, Mission Statements, Vision