Darden Restaurants' (DRI) Mission Statement
"We take pride in providing a terrific dining experience to every guest, every time, in every one of our restaurants. That is how we will be the best company in casual dining, now and for generations."
Joe R. Lee
Our Core Values
While Darden benefits from an industry that has strong long-term prospects and we employ terrific people, operate outstanding restaurant companies, follow a clear strategy, and enjoy excellent financial strength, we know we cannot be successful without an unmistakable sense of who we are. That's why we understand and appreciate our Core Values that have been forged over our more than 60-year history started by our founder, Bill Darden. As we continue the journey to become the best casual dining company, we will look to these values for guidance and know they will be especially critical when we're faced with unexpected opportunities or challenges.
As an organization, we value:
• Integrity and fairness. It all starts with integrity. We trust in the integrity and fairness of each other to always do the right thing, to be open, honest and forthright with ourselves and others, to demonstrate courage, to solve without blame and to follow through on all our commitments.
• Respect and caring. We reach out with respect and caring. We have a genuine interest in the well being of others. We know the importance of listening, the power of understanding and the immeasurable value of support.
• Diversity. Even though we have a common vision, we embrace and celebrate our individual differences. We are strengthened by a diversity of cultures, perspectives, attitudes, and ideas. We honor each other's heritage and uniqueness. Our power of diversity makes a world of difference.
• Always learning — always teaching. We learn from others as they learn from us. We learn. We teach. We grow.
• Being "of service." Being of service is our pleasure. We treat people as special and appreciated by giving of ourselves, doing more than expected, anticipating needs, and making a difference.
• Teamwork. Teamwork works. By trusting one another, we bring together the best in all of us and go beyond the boundaries of ordinary success.
• Excellence. We have a passion to set and to pursue, with innovation, courage and humility, ever higher standards.
• Our Core Values communicate the behaviors and attitudes we cherish as we strive to deliver on Darden's Core Purpose. That's what motivates us to be the best.
Darden's Core Purpose
"To nourish and delight everyone we serve."
Tags: Darden Restaurants, DRI