Proctor & Gamble's (PG) Mission Statement
We will provide branded products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers. As a result, consumers will reward us with leadership sales, profit, and value creation, allowing our people, our shareholders, and the communities in which we live and work to prosper.
P&G is its people and the values by which we live.
We attract and recruit the finest people in the world. We build our organization from within, promoting and rewarding people without regard to any difference unrelated to performance. We act on the conviction that the men and women of Procter & Gamble will always be our most important asset.
- We are all leaders in our area of responsibility, with a deep commitment to deliver leadership results.
- We have a clear vision of where we are going.
- We focus our resources to achieve leadership objectives and strategies.
- We develop the capability to deliver our strategies and eliminate organizational barriers.
- We accept personal accountability to meet our business needs, improve our systems, and help others improve their effectiveness.
- We all act like owners, treating the Company's assets as our own and behaving with the Company's long-term success in mind.
- We always try to do the right thing.
- We are honest and straightforward with each other.
- We operate within the letter and spirit of the law.
- We uphold the values and principles of P&G in every action and decision.
- We are data-based and intellectually honest in advocating proposals, including recognizing risks.
Passion for Winning
- We are determined to be the best at doing what matters most.
- We have a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- We have a compelling desire to improve and to win in the marketplace.
- We respect our P&G colleagues, customers, and consumers, and treat them as we want to be treated.
- We have confidence in each other's capabilities and intentions.
- We believe that people work best when there is a foundation of trust.
We Show Respect for All Individuals
- We believe that all individuals can and want to contribute to their fullest potential.
- We value differences.
- We inspire and enable people to achieve high expectations, standards, and challenging goals.
- We are honest with people about their performance.
The Interests of the Company and the Individual Are Inseparable
- We believe that doing what is right for the business with integrity will lead to mutual success for both the Company and the individual. Our quest for mutual success ties us together.
- We encourage stock ownership and ownership behavior.
We Are Strategically Focused in Our Work
- We operate against clearly articulated and aligned objectives and strategies.
- We only do work and only ask for work that adds value to the business.
- We simplify, standardize, and streamline our current work whenever possible.
Innovation Is the Cornerstone of Our Success
- We place great value on big, new consumer innovations.
- We challenge convention and reinvent the way we do business to better win in the marketplace.
We Are Externally Focused
- We develop superior understanding of consumers and their needs.
- We create and deliver products, packaging, and concepts that build winning brand equities.
- We develop close, mutually productive relationships with our customers and our suppliers.
- We are good corporate citizens.
We Value Personal Mastery
- We believe it is the responsibility of all individuals to continually develop themselves and others.
- We encourage and expect outstanding technical mastery and executional excellence.
We Seek to Be the Best
- We strive to be the best in all areas of strategic importance to the Company.
- We benchmark our performance rigorously versus the very best internally and externally.
- We learn from both our successes and our failures.
Mutual Interdependency Is a Way of Life
- We work together with confidence and trust across business units, functions, categories, and geographies.
- We take pride in results from reapplying others' ideas.
- We build superior relationships with all the parties who contribute to fulfilling our Corporate Purpose, including our customers, suppliers, universities, and governments.
Tags: Proctor & Gamble, PG, Mission Statement, Mission Statements, Values, Principles