Alcoa's (AA) Mission Statement
Alcoa utilizes the vision statement rather than the mission statement.
Alcoa’s foundation is our integrity. We are open, honest and trustworthy in dealing with customers, suppliers, coworkers, shareholders and the communities where we have an impact.
Environment, Health and Safety
We work safely in a manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
We support our customers' success by creating exceptional value through innovative product and service solutions.
We relentlessly pursue excellence in everything we do, every day.
We work in an inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and equal opportunity to succeed.
We earn sustainable financial results that enable profitable growth and superior shareholder value.
We are accountable – individually and in teams – for our behaviors, actions and results.
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people.
- We live our Values everywhere, all of the time.
- We demonstrate integrity in our behavior and actions.
- We keep our promises.
- We have the confidence and courage to ask for help.
- We expect integrity from every Alcoan and do not tolerate unethical behavior.
- We avoid conflicts of interest but will declare situations where they may occur.
- We expect integrity from our customers, suppliers, and others who do business with us.
- We communicate openly with individuals and communities on issues that affect them.
- We value human life above all else and manage risks accordingly.
- We relentlessly pursue and continually improve EHS systems and processes to achieve an EHS incident-free workplace.
- We do not compromise our EHS Value for profit or production.
- We comply with all laws and set higher standards for ourselves and our suppliers where unacceptable risks are identified.
- We support pollution prevention and sustainable development, by incorporating social responsibility, economic success and environmental excellence into our decision making process.
- We measure and assess our performance and are open and transparent in our communications.
- We supply and use safe and reliable products and services.
- We use our EHS knowledge to enhance the safety and well-being of our communities.
- We are all accountable for conforming with and deploying our EHS Value and Principles.
- We deeply understand our customers needs and consistently meet or exceed them through ABS.
- We build strong long-term customer relationships at all levels.
- We cross organizational and geographic boundaries to seamlessly serve customers.
- We are the leader in our chosen market segments.
- We develop innovative product, service, and information solutions.
- We develop and nurture clear Alcoa and product brand identities.
- We develop and maintain a strong commercial organizational capability.
- We continuously set goals beyond the best.
- We demand, recognize, and reward excellence.
- We achieve system excellence through application of the rules of our system and by rapidly implementing best practices.
- We eliminate waste by rapidly solving problems at their source.
- We move practical and theoretical limits through innovation.
- We have rapid change as a mindset.
- We are committed to excellence by living our Values.
- We empower our people through a diverse learning organization to capture the best from everyone.
- We treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.
- We seek to understand each other's ideas and suggestions.
- We value diversity and our individual differences.
- We create and seize opportunities for growth and development.
- We seek and accelerate change.
- We continuously re-design our work to eliminate waste and improve the value of our work.
- We provide appreciative and constructive feedback to each other to improve our individual and team performance.
- We create the appropriate balance in our work and family lives.
- We create value in the community in which we live and work, through our presence and leadership.
- We all understand how our job contributes to profitability.
- We eliminate waste every day, reducing our costs and capital requirements.
- We earn our right to grow by achieving returns that exceed our cost of capital.
- We aggressively pursue organic growth by creating exceptional value for customers.
- We make strategic acquisitions and integrate them excellently.
- We openly and effectively communicate our financial results internally and externally.
- We do not make money at the expense of our Values.
- We first recognize our role and responsibilities, then take ownership, and accept the consequences of our actions.
- We act with a sense of ownership in our workplace.
- We encourage an environment of risk taking within the context of accountability.
- We solve the problems in our area of responsibility and drive continuous improvement of our work.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We communicate openly as positive team members to increase the performance of our teams.
- We recognize the impact that our own actions have in all outcomes.
- We recognize individual and team accomplishments and successes.
Tags: Alcoa, AA, Mission Statement, Mission Statements, Vision Statement, Values, Principles