EveryStudent.com
Google
 
Web ManonaMission.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Difference Between a Mission and Vision Statement

In my search for mission statements to include on Man on a Mission, I often come across companies that have a vision statement rather than a mission statement. I have been posting vision statements and calling them mission statements. For the most part they are the same. However, there are differences.

According to Deena Katz in her book On Practice Management, a mission statement is a blueprint of a company and a vision statement is an architectural rendering of what the company will look like once it is successfully established. So there is a difference.

In my search for mission statements for this blog, I will include vision statements but will make reference to the fact that they are vision statements.

Tags: , , , , ,

AllFinancialMatters.com

Who Links Here