To constantly improve what is essential to human progress by mastering science and technology.
The Mission Statement can be broken into three components:
• Constantly Improve
- This concept is bedrock to Dow’s culture and has been since H.H. Dow first said, "If you can’t do it better, why do it?" It underscores our drive to become an ever better and bigger company.
• Essential to Human Progress
- The products we make find their way into products that provide people the world over with improved lifestyles. All of us at Dow must understand and take pride in this. We must also use this concept to further connect Dow with the external markets we serve. When we think in terms of the markets we serve, we become more outside-in focused and we can better seek growth opportunities.
• Mastering Science and Technology
- We must put our science and technology to work to create solutions for our customers and for society.VALUES
Our mission will be accomplished by living according to values that speak to the economic, social, and environmental responsibilities of business and society.
- We believe our promise is our most vital product – our word is our bond. The relationships that are critical to our success depend entirely on maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards around the world. As a vital measure of integrity, we will ensure the health and safety of our communities, and protect the environment in all we do.
• Respect for People
- We believe in the inherent worth of people and will honor our relationships with those who let us be part of this world:
We, the employees
of Dow, are the engine of value creation; our imagination, determination, and dedication are essential to growth. We will work to celebrate and reward the unique backgrounds, viewpoints, skills, and talents of everyone at Dow. Respect for people is measured by how we treat each other, by the contributions that flow from our diversity, by the productivity of our relationships, and by a job well done, no matter what the job.
are our neighbors; their acceptance of us is vital to our ability to operate.
are our partners in creating value; their loyalty is our greatest reward.
are the beneficiaries of our success; their on-going commitment to us is based on returning to them superior profits over time.
Our respect for people also extends to the consumers
whose lives we touch. We will strive to answer people's most vital needs: for food, water, shelter, transportation, communication, health and medicine.
- We are one company, one team. We believe that succeeding as one enterprise is as important as succeeding independently. Balancing empowerment and interdependence makes us strong.
As one company, Dow's impact on the world is far greater than the impact of any one of its parts. We will work together, building relationships to create ever-greater value for the customers and consumers we serve.
• Outside-in Focus
- We believe that growth comes from looking at opportunity through the eyes of customers and all those we serve. Taking an "outside-in" view ensures that our efforts are always relevant and that our unique talents are applied to "real world" opportunities.
We will see through the eyes of those whose lives we affect, identifying unmet needs and producing innovative and lasting solutions. We will bring to this task all of our experience and knowledge as the unique individuals we are.
- At Dow, we believe our future depends on speed and flexibility – mental, emotional and physical. Responding resourcefully to society's fast-changing needs is the only road to success. We will meet the forces of change with power and grace. We will make course corrections that demonstrate flexibility as well as courage, and that highlight our ability to keep ourselves aligned with a world in motion.
- We believe that meaningful, productive change – solving problems – only comes by looking at challenges and opportunities from new angles and exercising our curiosity.
In the name of innovation, we will make science a way of living. We will not only master the science of the physical world, but the science of the mind and heart. Our job is to unlock answers that make a fundamental difference to people's lives. We will use technology to help lead society forward. We will conceive, design, engineer, and execute solutions that remove barriers to human potential and productivity.
Tags: Dow Chemical
, Mission Statement
, Mission Statements